Shirataki Noodles: The Best Noodle / Pasta Alternative for Keto
If you are following a ketogenic diet, finding low-carb food options can be challenging, especially when it comes to pasta or noodle dishes.
Traditional pasta and noodles are high in carbohydrates and can quickly take you out of ketosis.
But there is good news for keto enthusiasts! Shirataki noodles are a perfect alternative to traditional pasta and noodles, making it an excellent addition to your keto diet.
What are Shirataki Noodles?
Shirataki noodles are made from the root of the konjac plant, which is native to Asia.
The noodles are thin and translucent, making them look similar to vermicelli noodles.
These noodles are naturally low in carbs, gluten-free, and have a low glycemic index, making them suitable for people following a ketogenic diet.
Why are Shirataki Noodles the Best Noodle or Pasta Alternative for Keto?
- No Net Carbs: Shirataki noodles has 0g of net carbs, making them an excellent option for those following a ketogenic diet.
- High in Fiber: Shirataki noodles are an excellent source of fiber, which can help you feel fuller for longer and regulate your digestion.
- Gluten-Free: Shirataki noodles are gluten-free, making them suitable for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Low in Calories: Shirataki noodles have a low caloric content, making them an excellent option for those who are trying to lose weight.
- Versatile: Shirataki noodles can be used in a variety of dishes, including stir-fry, soup, and even as a pasta substitute.
In conclusion, shirataki noodles are an excellent option for those following a ketogenic diet.
They have no net carbs, high in fiber, gluten-free, low in calories, and versatile, making them the best noodle or pasta alternative for keto.