Is Olive Oil Keto?
Olive Oil is an excellent oil for keto as long as it is extra-virgin, virgin, cold-pressed, or organic. It is high in healthy fats and has no carbs.
- Most Olive Oil brands are extracted without the use of high heat and chemicals. This extraction process preserves the natural flavor, aroma, and nutrients of the oil.
- Refined oils such as corn, soybean, and canola oil are extracted using solvents and high heat. This process strips out the nutrients from the oil and replaces them with harmful chemicals.
- To ensure that you're buying unrefined Olive Oil, look for brands that are labeled extra-virgin, virgin, cold-pressed, or organic.
No Net Carbs
- Olive Oil is carb-free so it won't consume your net carb allowance for the day.
- It is important to limit your net carb consumption to 20g - 30g per day to stay in ketosis.
- You can calculate your ideal daily net carb allowance by using this keto macros calculator.
Net Carb Calculator