12 Keto-Friendly Swap Ideas
Here are some keto swap ideas that you can use to make your favorite recipes more keto-friendly:
- Instead of using pasta in dishes, try using spiralized zucchini, spaghetti squash, or shirataki noodles.
- Instead of using rice, try using cauliflower rice or riced broccoli.
- Instead of white bread, try using lettuce leaves, a low-carb tortilla, or a keto-friendly bread to make sandwiches or wraps.
- Instead of using wheat flour in baking recipes, try using almond flour or coconut flour.
- Instead of using potatoes in dishes, try using radish or turnip.
- Instead of using cornstarch as a thickener, try using xanthan gum.
- Instead of using regular milk, try using unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or heavy cream.
- Instead of using regular honey or maple syrup as a sweetener, try using keto-friendly maple syrup.
- Instead of using high-carb fruits, try using low-carb fruits like berries or avocado.
- Instead of using traditional breadcrumbs, try using almond flour or crushed pork rinds.
- Instead of sugary breakfast cereals, try making a keto-friendly breakfast bowl with a mix of high-fat ingredients such as avocado, eggs, bacon, and cheese.
- Instead of using traditional pizza crust, try using a cauliflower crust or a meat crust (made with ground meat and cheese).
Remember, the key to success on the keto diet is to focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods.
By making simple ingredient swaps like these, you can enjoy your favorite meals while still staying on track with your diet goals. Happy cooking!